There are some brilliant footballers available on free transfers who are out of contract in the summer of 2023, though clubs have options on some of these players. Here are five players who are available on free transfers in the summer of 2023 and who could be excellent signings for your team: 1. Mauro Icardi Icardi is a brilliant forward and is out of contract at the end of the season. He has been in superb form for
There are a lot of factors to consider when ranking teams, and Transfermarkt’s rankings aren’t always completely accurate.
2) Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus) 3) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 4) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 5) Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain)
Slovakia international Dusan Tadic has completed a transfer to Juventus from Southampton for a fee of £18.4 million, set to make him the sixth highest paid player in Serie A. In other transfers... - Valencia have completed the signing of France international Geoffrey Kondogbia from Inter Milan on a season-long loan. - AC Milan have announced the signing of Brazilian midfielder Fabinho from Lille for a fee of €42 million,
3) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 4) Neymar Jr. (PSG) 5) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 6) Luka Modric (Real Madrid) 7) Keylor Navas (Real Madrid) 8) Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) 9) Diego Costa (Chelsea) 10) Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Benzema has been one of the deadliest strikers in world football for the past decade, and is considered one of the best centre-forwards in the world. He has scored over 280 goals in 450 appearances for Real Madrid, and has also won three La Liga titles, as well as the Champions League and Copa del Rey. He has also been capped over 80 times by France, scoring over 30 goals.
Karim Benzema – Forward (Real Madrid) Benzema has been in fine form this season, scoring 21 goals in all competitions. The France international is Real Madrid’s main attacking threat and is expected to lead the line for the club for seasons to come.
5) Medhi Benatia (AS Roma) 6) Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City) 7) David Alaba (FC Bayern München) 8) Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München) 9) Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (AS Roma) 10) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
It is a great move for the 24-year-old as he will be playing in one of the best leagues in the world. He has bags of potential and with the help of Bayern Munich's impressive coaching staff, he will be able to develop into one of the best midfielders in the world. He has already shown his quality during his time at Arsenal, where he was constantly in the starting line-up and formed a successful partnership with Mikel Arteta. He
6) Rouven Schröder (VfB Stuttgart) 7) Manuel Akanji (Borussia Dortmund) 8) Matthias Ginter (Borussia Mönchengladbach) 9) Ousmane Dembélé (FC Barcelona) 10) Leroy Sane (Manchester City)
Liverpool are said to be leading the race for his signature, with the Reds thought to be offering the player an initial £15million move to Melwood. Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are also rumoured to be monitoring Lavezzi's situation, but it is Liverpool who are considered to be in the best position to land the striker. Lavezzi is currently playing for Napoli in Serie A, and has scored 22 goals in 52 appearances for the Italian side.
7) Paulo Dybala (Juventus) 8) Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona) 9) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 10) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
He’s been linked with a move to Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool this season The 24-year-old has been in fine form for Juventus this season, scoring six goals in 10 Serie A appearances. However, he’s not about to rule out potentially leaving the Bianconeri in the near future, having previously been linked with a move away from Italy in the past. “There’s a chance I leave, but
8) Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United) 9) Gonzalo Higuain (Juventus) 10) Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Nathaniel Chalobah has continued toestablish himself in Antonio Conte’s Chelsea side. The winger has made 22 Premier League starts this season and scored three goals, providing an assist in the 5-1 thrashing of Watford last weekend. Chalobah’s form has caught the eye of multiple Premier League clubs, but the 23-year-old has reiterated his commitment to Chelsea, despite rumours linking him with a move away from Stamford Bridge.
9) Tsubasa Ueda (Augsburg) 10) Makoto Hasebe (Augsburg)
Chelsea and Manchester United are interested in signing the young midfielder and there is talk of an agreement being made between the two clubs, but nothing is confirmed as of yet.
8) Leroy Sané (Manchester City) 7) Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) 6) David De Gea (Manchester United) 5) Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) 4) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 3) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 2) Neymar (PSG) 1) Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
Lofer is a very good central midfielder and would slot in well at Bayern Munich. The Bavarians have been linked with him heavily in recent months and it seems like they are finally going to be able to sign him. Lofer is a very good defensive midfielder and can help anchor a defence. He is also very good at pressing the opposition high up the pitch and breaking up their attacks. Lofer would be a great signing for Bayern Munich and would add quality, defensive
11) Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United) 12) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) 13) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 14) Alexandre Lacazette (Arsenal) 15) Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) 16) David De Gea (Manchester United) 17) Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) 18)obvious pick CRYSTAL PALACE 19)
Zaha is also available on a free transfer.
Ilkay Gundogan has been a revelation for Manchester City this season. The midfielder has already contributed nine goals and six assists in all competitions, and has also been a driving force in City's charge to the Premier League title. Gundogan is a hard-working, dynamic midfielder with an excellent passing range and excellent vision. He is also a powerful tackler and a threat in the opposition penalty area. Gundogan is a key part of City's midfield and is likely to be in the Blues
Phillips has struggled for game time this season under Pep Guardiola, making just two Premier League starts. The Catalan side are said to be interested in signing the England international, who has just one year left on his contract with City.
13) Stefan de Vrij (Anderlecht) 14) Bartra (Barcelona) 15) Serge Aurier (Tottenham) 16) Jorginho (Napoli) 17) Thiago Mendes (Paris Saint-Germain) 18) Thomas Lemar (Lyon) 19) Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Manchester United) 20
We can’t promise anything, but if you play along with the following game, we might be able to give you a hint or two about which player Newcastle are targeting.
14) Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool) 15) Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) 16) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 17) Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) 18) Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur) 19) Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) 20) Paulo Dybala (Juventus)
A move to either the Premier League or Serie A would see Ronaldo earn in the region of £400,000-a-week, making him one of the highest-paid players in world football.
Roberto Firmino has been one of Liverpool’s most consistent players this season. The Brazilian forward has bagged 13 goals and eight assists in all competitions for the Reds. Firmino has been an important part of Liverpool’s attacking trio, providing a threat from range and in the air. The 27-year-old is a versatile player, able to play in any role on the pitch. Firmino has been one of Liverpool’s standout performers this
2) Sandro Ramirez, 24, has scored twice in 15 appearances for Chelsea this season, but has been ruled out for six weeks with a calf injury. 3) Loanee Marko Arnautovic has enjoyed a prolific season at West Ham, scoring 15 goals in 28 appearances. 4) Barcelona are reportedly interested in signing Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho. 5) Manchester United are reportedly interested in Manchester City’s Riyad Mahrez.
16) Matthias Ginter (Borussia Dortmund) 17) Timothy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt) 18) Diego Castro (FC Dynamo Kyiv) 19) Luke Shaw (Manchester United) 20) Guillermo Varela (Liverpool) 21) Marco Reus ( Borussia Dortmund) 22) Dimitri Payet (West Ham United) 23) Andre Gomes (
Sporting Lisbon have confirmed that they have agreed a deal with Dynamo Kyiv for the 25-year-old.
17) Luka Modric (Real Madrid) 18) David Silva (Manchester City) 19) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 20) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
I think he is still a very good player, but I don't think he is fit enough to warrant a new deal at Chelsea. He has had a lot of problems with his injuries in the past, and I don't think he has been able to stay fit for an entire season in a row for a while now. He might be able to still be a good player, but I don't think he is as good as he was earlier in his career.
18) Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool) 19) Sadio Mane (Liverpool) 20) Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool)
Negredo Moreno – Valencia If Negredo Moreno leaves Valencia in the summer, Borussia Dortmund could be a possible destination. The Ecuador international has been impressive this campaign, scoring eight goals and providing five assists in the Spanish top flight. If he moves on, the 27-year-old could be a worthy replacement for Adrián Ramos, who joined Atlético Madrid in the summer.
19) Vlatko Asanin (Sevilla) 20) Nikola Vlasic (Sevilla) 21) Armando Izzo (Torino) 22) Toni Kroos (Real Madrid) 23) Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli) 24) Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle United) 25) Marco Verratti (Paris Saint-Germain)
In October 2018, it was reported that he had agreed to a loan move to La Liga side Valencia CF. He made his debut for the club on 10 November 2018, in a 1–0 home win against SD Eibar. On 3 June 2019, it was announced that Valencia had signed the winger on a loan deal until the end of the season. In November 2013, Cazorla won his first cap for Spain under-21s, coming on as a
Jonathan Bamba has turned this game around for Lille! 😧
- Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG) November 5, 2018
BT Sport will show live football matches from all the top European leagues including the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1.
20) Paul Pogba (Manchester United) 21) Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) 22) Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 23) Isco (Real Madrid) 24) Mauro Icardi (Inter Milan) 25) Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Kroos is under contract until 2021.
The player profiles table includes player statistics for the 2017-2018 season.
This is not a joke.
10. Sergio Aguero – Manchester City 9. Harry Kane – Tottenham Hotspur 8. Eden Hazard – Chelsea 7. Diego Costa – Chelsea 6. Lionel Messi – Barcelona 5. Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid 4. Neymar Jr. – Barcelona 3. Kylian Mbappe – Monaco 2. Gareth Bale – Real Madrid 1. Luis Suarez – Barcelona