- Few teams in Germany can boast the record-breaking success enjoyed by RB Leipzig in recent seasons, with the 2015/16 campaign seeing them secure a top-four finish and make it all the way to the German Cup Final, eventually losing to eventual champions Bayern Munich. One of the main reasons for Leipzig’s success has been the stability and consistent performance of their coach Ralph Hasenhuttl, who was appointed in May of 2016. This was
- Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville had a heated exchange on Sunday afternoon over Harry Kane’s role in Abdoulaye Doucoure’s red card. The Liverpool legend was critical of the Tottenham Hotspur striker, claiming he should have taken his time with the ball in order to create a better chance for Dele Alli. Neville disagreed, arguing that Kane was fouled by Doucoure and that the decision to send the Gabon international off was correct.
- Barcelona and Argentina superstar Lionel Messi are reportedly set to divorce after years of rumors and speculation, according to a report in L`Equipe. The icon and his Argentine girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo have been living apart for some time now, and the newspaper reports that the decision to call it quits has already been made. Messi, 31, and Roccuzzo, 29, have two children together, but have been living apart for some time. The
In the 81st minute, Neymar was shown a yellow card for diving by the assistant referee, seemingly for an intentional act that resulted in Suarez being sent off for his reaction. Suarez was given a harsh penalty, and though Messi converted, Barcelona lost control of the match and Madrid were able to win 3-1 and take back the top spot. Neymar’s diving has been a controversial topic throughout the season with many people believing he intentionally tries to deceive referees and
Barcelona also won their first-leg tie against Espanyol 4-0 at the Camp Nou.
One of the latest incidents occurred after the Champions League semi-final first leg against Liverpool on 7 April. A Madrid-supporting woman was heard shouting “puto negro” (“black f*cker”) at the player as he left the pitch. Numerous complaints have been lodged with the police but no arrests have been made. “We are aware of the situation and are taking appropriate action,” said a Madrid police spokesman.
Mallorca is the latest club to react after Chukwueze and Villarreal complained about the abuse. Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid have also released statements denouncing racism. Chukwueze and Villarreal, who are of Nigerian descent, also spoke about their experiences on BBC World Service’s “Fighting Talk” programme. “It’s always been there and it’s always going to be there,
On March 1, 2019, La Liga side Club Valladolid announced that they had suspended 12 season ticket-holders while investigating their alleged verbal abuse of Brazilian international Vinícius. The suspension comes after Valladolid reportedly received reports of abuse from the player and his family.
Spanish newspaper Marca has speculated that the failed attacks could be punishment for the financial losses the club has suffered in recent years.
- The match between the Delhi Capitals and the Gujarat Titans will commence at 08:00 PM IST on 5th February, 2019. The contest between the two teams is scheduled to end with a victory for the Gujarat Titans. Fans of the Delhi Capitals will be eager to see how the team fares against the Gujarat Titans in this match. So far, the Capitals have gone undefeated in their matchups this season. They are expected to put up a strong performance and win the match. On
- IPL 2023: Rishabh Pant in attendance to watch DC take on GT IPL 2023: Mumbai Indians' Rishabh Pant in attendance to watch DC take on Gujarat Lions IPL 2023: Rishabh Pant in attendance to watch DC take on Gujarat Lions
- IPL teams have mostly used IP to get their players out to the public and generate interest in the league. IPL teams have also used IP to promote their players, sell merchandise, and attract sponsors.
In 2013, after Iñaki Williams scored against Espanyol, an Espanyol supporter yelled out “monkey” in the direction of the player. A trial is now planned to take place this year in order to prosecute the fan. This trial is the result of a lawsuit filed by Williams. Williams previously stated that he wants the fan “to know that he’s not alone and that racism is still present in Spanish football.” Spain