England team-mate Harry Kane scored a penalty kick in the shootout to give England a 3-2 victory over Colombia in a World Cup semifinal. England forwards Harry Kane and Dele Alli both played their part in a dramatic 3-2 shootout victory over Colombia in the semifinal of the World Cup. Kane’s well-taken penalty kick gave England a 3-2 lead in the shootout, before Alli sealed the victory with a fine free-
Congratulations to @HKane on becoming @England’s all-time leading goalscorer. I knew it wouldn’t take long but that was quick 🤣. Great man, unbelievable goalscorer and an England legend. Congrats Harry 👏👏👏 pic.twitter.com/mX7M8S8al3
— Gary Neville (@GNev2) November 19, 2018
This is a great quote from Wayne Rooney. Whether you support Manchester United or not, this quote is something to be admired. Rooney is a great athlete and has had a great career, but he is also a great person. He is always willing to give back to his fans and support them.
- 1Dortmund have no reason to despair after losing 2-1 to Bayern Munich in their Bundesliga clash. As long as they stay up in the table, they'll be in good shape and can look forward to European cup matches in the coming season.
- In what appeared to be an high-temperature discussion between Carragher and Neville, the former Liverpool defender attacked Kane for being out of position when Doucoure picked up his second yellow card. “Kane was out of position,” Carragher said. “The ball’s nowhere near him. A guy like Harry Kane, who gets goals at will, needs to be in the thick of it, not 10 yards away from it.”
- Messi's possible departure from Barcelona "is on the cards" following Paris Saint-Germain's pursuit of the Argentinian, according to L'Equipe. L'Equipe reports that the French champions have made a bid of €200 million for the five-time Ballon d'Or winner, notwithstanding Lionel Messi's ongoing contract with Barcelona. PSG's insistence on signing the 29-year-old has reportedly put the Spanish club's president, Jose
The former Manchester United striker, 35, retired from international football in November last year and made his final appearance in a World Cup qualifier against Scotland. Rooney was part of the England team that triumphed in Euro 2016, where he won the Golden Boot and the Silver Ball as the tournament’s top scorer. Rooney’s fellow England internationals, who are currently preparing for this summer’s World Cup in Russia, took to social media to pay
Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the most capped player in international football. Ronaldo overtakes Diego Maradona with his 135th international appearance.
Portugal, who are already guaranteed a place in the next Euro tournament, stretched their lead at the top of the group with two wins from two games. Ronaldo scored in the 23rd and 56th minutes, while Gonçalo Guedes and Diogo Jota added the final two goals in the last 15 minutes. “We want to win every game, qualifying is the most important thing,” Ronaldo said. “We’re very happy with the
European champions Real Madrid lost 2-1 to Valencia at the Mestalla Stadium, as Valencia's Dutch forward Hirving Lozano scored a brace. At the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, Madrid's Liga rivals Atlético Madrid drew 2-2 with Barcelona. The first goal of the game, scored by Barcelona's Lionel Messi, was cancelled out by Atlético's Kevin Gameiro, but the Andalusians were unable to hold on for the two points,
👽 @Cristiano #VesteABandeira #WearTheFlag pic.twitter.com/J6HDQ6XrMm
— VesteABandeira (@vesteabandeira) March 2, 2019
The Portuguese Prime Minister stated that his government will work towards a sustainable, circular economy in order to protect natural resources and preserve the environment.
There's always a little bit of heartbreak when a team loses an important player to international duty, but in the case of Portugal, they're actually gaining a definite star player in the making. Ronaldo, who has represented his country on more than 200 occasions, is coming off an incredible season with Manchester United in which he led the English club to a prestigious Champions League title. He will likely be heavily relied on by Portugal in their upcoming qualifying games as they attempt to win back their place
restored his starting place for the 1-0 win over Sweden on Saturday and was a sublime performer, scoring a penalty and setting up Cristiano Ronaldo’s header in the closing stages. The 30-year-old has now started all six games for Portugal since his return and his contribution has been outstanding. “He’s very important,” Portugal coach Fernando Santos told a news conference. “He’s a player who,
Tuchel, 45, is currently Manuel Neuer's assistant at Bayern Munich and is widely regarded as one of the country's most promising young coaches. He has also had stints at Mainz 05, Ilves Tampere and Borussia Dortmund.
Bayern Munich appointed Julian Nagelsmann as their new manager on 1 July 2016. He replaced Jupp Heynckes, who had been in charge for the previous three years. Nagelsmann led Bayern to their fourth consecutive Bundesliga title in 2017. He left Bayern Munich by mutual consent on 3 May 2019. Thomas Tuchel, 48, is a German football manager who currently manages Paris Saint-Germain. Tuchel has also been managing Mainz 05 since May 2018
Nagelsman has made a concerted effort to modernise Bayern Munich's playing style, introducing a younger and more energetic approach which has seen them win two consecutive Champions League titles.
More on FC Bayern situation 🔴👇🏻
FC Bayern Munich are currently without a head coach after parting ways with Niko Kovac earlier this month. The German giants have been linked with a number of potential replacements, with Jupp Heynckes the front runner.
Julian Nagelsmann has not yet received any communication from Bayern Munich, but he was made aware of the situation through the media.
— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) March 2, 2017
Romano’s tweet is a response to a recent article in the Wall Street Journal by Fabian Figueres, former head of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). The article, entitled “The Coming Climate Revolt,” argues that climate activists around the world are on the cusp of a “slow and steady” public backlash against climate actions, primarily because wealthier and more developed countries are the most responsible for climate change.
- Here is the live score for the match between the Delhi Capitals and the Gujarat Titans in the Indian Premier League Twenty23.
- Rishabh Pant, the deputy captain of the Indian cricket team, is in attendance at the event.
- There has been a lot of use of IP in the IPL so far. IP has been used to get players in early and to get players in the running for a spot on the team. IPL teams have also used IP to sign players to long term contracts.
Bayern Munich (consecutive: 9) Manchester City (3) Fixtures Bayern Munich v Manchester City April 11, 2017 7:45 PM CET This match pits Bavaria's record champions against an English powerhouse in the Champions League quarterfinals. Bayern Munich have reached the quarterfinals in each of the past 9 editions of the competition, while Manchester City have only made it to this stage once (in 2013). In the group