There's still some uncertainty surrounding the Packers after a disappointing season, but it's become clear that the future is now for Jordan Love as he succeeds Aaron Rodgers as Green Bay's quarterback.
The draft will be a test of Brian Gutekunst. Are the Packers ready to compete in the NFC in Love's first season as a starter? Adding NFL-ready talent could help speed up the retooling process and give Love a fair chance to prove whether he's the long-term solution in Green Bay.
The Packers enter the draft with a rare top-15 pick, plus nine more picks between Day 2 and Day 3. Quay Walker, Christian Watson, and Romeo Doubs all made a notable impact as rookies, and Green Bay will hope this year's crop can similarly make some noise.
The Sporting News is tracking the Packers' 2023 NFL Draft selections, from round one to seven. Follow along with the picks below.
Packers draft picks 2023: Who did Green Bay take?
- Round 1, Pick 13: EDGE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
- Round 2, Pick 42: TE Luke Musgrave, Oregon State
- Round 2, Pick 50: WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State
- Round 3, Pick 78: TE Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State
- Round 4, Pick 116: Colby Wooden, EDGE, Auburn
- Round 5, Pick 149: Sean Clifford, QB, Penn State
- Round 5, Pick 159: Dontayvion Wicks, WR, Virginia
- Round 6, Pick 179: Karl Brooks, DT, Bowling Green
- Round 6, Pick 207: Anders Carlson, K, Auburn
- Round 7, Pick 232: Carrington Valentine, CB, Kentucky
- Round 7, Pick 235: Lew Nichols III, RB, Central Michigan
- Round 7, Pick 242: Anthony Johnson, CB, Virginia
- Round 7, Pick 256: Grant Dubose, WR, Charlotte
Packers NFL Draft order 2023
|1||13 (from NYJ)||EDGE Lukas Van Ness|
|2||42 (from CLE via NYJ)||TE Luke Musgrave|
|2||50||WR Jayden Reed|
|3||78||TE Tucker Kraft|
|6||207 (from SF via HOU, NYJ)|
|7||235 (from DET via LAR)|
|7||242 (from JAX)|
Packers NFL Draft needs
- Offensive tackle: David Bakhtiari seems to be talking about the Packers as if he's on the way out along with Rodgers. Even if he's in Green Bay this season, his injury history means adding some more depth is important. As long as Elgton Jenkins is at guard, Zach Tom and Yosh Nijman are not the most inspiring options at tackle. Could this be the draft to add a long-term starter?
- Tight end: With Robert Tonyan gone after a pair of underwhelming years, Jordan Love is going to need some more weapons. A wide receiver could be an option early in this draft, but given the great tight end class, this might be the year to address the position. Josiah Deguara is the top tight end on Green Bay's roster, so a second-round TE such as Luke Musgrave could make plenty of sense. Darnell Washington should also come off the board in that range but might not be polished enough as a receiver for the Packers.
- Safety: The Packers lack talent beyond Darnell Savage at the safety position, and Savage is heading into the final year of his contract. Tarvarius Moore and Rudy Ford, the two current options to start alongside Savage, made a combined six starts last season. It'll be interesting to see if Brian Branch is a first-round option for the Packers. If not, they've had success on Day 2 before.
Packers mock draft 2023
Here is how the Packers' draft could unfold in 2023, according to TSN's Vinnie Iyer's seven-round mock draft:
|1||13||Michael Mayer||TE||Notre Dame|
|2||45||Cody Mauch||OT||North Dakota State|
|4||116||Brandon Joseph||S||Notre Dame|
|6||207||Darius Rush||CB||South Carolina|
|7||232||Blake Whiteheart||TE||Wake Forest|
|7||242||Rashad Torrence II||S||Florida|